Some days back I had updated my profile picture on Facebook, it being a picture where I had my mouth ‘not open’. No smile, nothing. And then many said they like me when I smile. Ok. Today I updated the profile picture again and this time, the smiling me. People liked it sure.
A friend messaged me this - ’Lovely familiar smile again. Never put any pic without this trait of your personality. I would refuse to recognize you. your eyes open up and as a window to your soul when you smile..have seen this happening in very few people. Cuz most people smile in a plastic way.’
Trust me I do get compliments for my smile but until sometime back, I used to feel a little uneasy to accept and internalize them. Because I believed I didn’t have the beautiful smile. With a little weird bunny rabbit kinda teeth, I felt awkward while smiling. And I still cannot place it on how it changed and how my coy, uncomfortable, showing only 2 teeth perhaps smile changed to a wider, ear to ear, straight from the eyes & heart kind of smile.
Was it that what the world thinks of me mattered less and less? I guess so. Was it that the eyes and heart took over the bunny teeth somewhere? Yes. Was it that I got confident of myself over the years? Hell, yeah!
Okay, now that you know I smile and I smile a lot, there are some not-so-known facts behind that smile of mine, when I am posing for pictures:
· My mom, if she is around when I am posing, always without fail asks me to shut my mouth and smile just a little
· Some people, not the ones who matter and may be because they are jealous that I look good when I smile, always frown at me posing if they happen to be around
· Every single time I update a smiling picture, I get messages, from the ones who matter like the one written above, that they love when I smile. No, no. I am not a celebrity yet! ;)
· I know when I am smiling, it shows in my eyes. How? I don’t know but I just know it
· I can never ever fake a smile that wide. Really I can’t!
· I smile at my own smiling pictures every time I look at them
· For me, there is no mid-way smile. Either I just shut my mouth, which looks like I have a bad mood or something or I smile the widest. Just doesn’t come to me!
· I feel it indeed is becoming my trademark
· It makes me confident every single time
· This smile just reminds me I am beautiful and have a good heart
And if you are still wondering, how does that go, that wider smile? Here..
To close my case, just to validate my point, found this on the web:
‘Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.’
Are you also smiling right now? Let me know!