Pages

Monday, August 08, 2011

Until we meet again…

I would never understand what is ‘good’ about goodbyes. Never. Yes, people say we need to bid goodbye to someone before you meet again. I have read that a goodbye is required to say a new hello. But why do we need to say goodbye in the first place when it hurts so much?

May be I am a little emotionally challenged, as I really feel the pain when people close to me leave. Or for that matter, when I lose something. I remember I cried like mad when I lost my phone in an auto. God knows how many times I cursed that auto-wallah! Ouch…that still kind of hurts.

And when it comes to my friends/colleagues, I cannot take it easy. I have worked at many places, have met so many people and have made many good friends along the way. But never ever was this goodbye business so tough and frequent like it appears now.

I cried buckets when a few friends/colleagues quit. But then life did not stop. Its just that little part of my time that I used to spend with them, that reminded me of the void. I continue working on my desk and when I turn around, ya I miss those familiar faces and comforting voices.

I still do get sad when I hear about someone leaving the workplace, may be I do cry when they share the news with me but now I see the picture beyond. I know if we are good, this is not going to be the end. This is just a turn on the road that we are taking and we will be meeting at the next crossing soon. And I even realise that I am getting stronger with every such incident. Yes, I still cry but now I am better prepared to deal with it. Almost every time.

Archiiee and Shay…I miss you guys a lot and Bose, well, am not gonna cry when you leave as that would just dissolve what all I learnt from you…

And to end,

Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment