Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Pack your bags and leave!


I am not hinting at any upcoming vacation plan of mine nor am I pushing my brain to make a plan for one.

Weekend usually gives a lot of time to think over matters which you have been pushing under the carpet over the past week or may some more time than that. And I am not talking about the chores to be done. I mean matters that are intangible in presence but very tangible in effect. Matters of heart, so to say. And when there is some time at hand, mind does wander off. To far off places. To prohibited areas. To long forgotten landscapes. 

On this unusually lazy weekend I decided to chuck all the plans and just stay put at home. I stuck to the plan (which was a actually a no-plan!) to the T. I watched TV, some movies, some sitcoms and read a book. Also lied on the sofa just listening to the music. And that’s when my mind also wandered (like it never does otherwise!! Huh!). A trip down memory lane happened and you never come out of it chirpy, do you? 

I realized there is so much clutter or baggage that we carry, some of it even unintentionally. We know we have to get rid of the aching memories or avoid falling in the same pit, but it takes time and may be somewhere we don’t want to do it. And honestly, if we take it all seriously, it is lethal. So why bear it in the first place or for so long?

Delving into my share of ‘avoidables’, I resolved its time. It’s time to let it all leave my system for good. So why not tell that agonizing pain or that scar from a healed wound…Pack your bags and leave!!!

Yes, it is only that easy and that much difficult. We can either let it simmer inside us every single moment or let it out of our system once and for all. 

And these are what I am talking about:

  • That love story gone awry
  • That friend who turned his back when you needed him the most
  • The decision that took you to a wrong direction in your career
  • The unfulfilled romance
  • The hurt you have been nursing long after that person has gone
  • The promise that was never kept
  • The expectation that never got met
  • The tears that have now dried up but potent enough to give you a sleepless night
  • The relations that were once close and now are a sorry distant sight
  • Those people in your everyday life who do not deserve any bandwidth from you but end up getting the maximum attention
This sounds very simple but I am sure this is how you get rid of something that refuses to leave on its own. You have to show it the right door to leave and close that door behind it, forever.

So whenever you find yourself fighting with one such monster in your head, look in its eye confidently and tell him, yes you know that by now, ‘pack your bags and leave!  :-)

Oh well, as I was busy saying goodbyes to some such monsters, I realized it was time to bring some nice positive and tangible change. Hence the new look of this blog. Tell me what you think of it. 

Much love!

2 comments:

  1. hope most agonies have already packed n left.....now that the place is empty...plant it with greener memories

    ReplyDelete