Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Zing in my life!

This final post is for my darling sister, Shweta, whom I fondly call Zing. Or Zingy. Or Zinga. Or Zinger. But, all the while, rotating around Zing. And what better way to end the challenge!? :)

Why I call her that, you ask? Well, there is a story behind the name. I always called her by cute names. And names nowhere related to her real name. Not that I don’t like her name but it is another fun to call her lovingly with some other short sweet name. And that name catches on with the whole family. So, on my first ever visit to KFC some years back, when I started having chicken again, I stumbled upon their famous Chicken Zinger burger. One bite into it and I was hooked! And just like that, the word Zing stuck with me and I started calling her that. There! That simple! 


So, coming to my Zing, she is more than just a sister to me. She is my best friend. She is my soul mate. She is the wiser of us two though she is the younger one. She is the sober one and perfectly balances my eccentricity. She is the quieter one compared to my motor-mouth. She cooks and I eat. She saves and I spend. She is my permanent agony aunt. She was my rock in the darkest of hours of my life. She has supported every stupid decision of my life and continues to do so. Her confidence in me sometimes scares me. I am scared to ever let her down. I fear of not living upto her expectations that she may have of me. 

She is the best thing to have happened to a silly girl like me. Really. God has been kind!
 
This is us. Me and my Zing!




This quote sums up the emotions of having a sister: 

“You can kid the world, but not your sister.”


P.S It also helps to have her name saved in my phone in Z, which has no other contacts! Easy navigation, you see. :)

22 comments:

  1. Wonderful post and enjoyed reading.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing like a sibling to be close to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sister named after a Chicken Burger ! now that is the sort of foodie family I like :D :D

    God bless your sis :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. is that pic taken in Manali ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm Zinger, now that reminds of KFC and am hungry. I would never put that name for anyone, it would make me hungry all the time

    PhenoMenon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel bad that I have no "OWN" sister whom I can totally own :)
    loved reading this .... My regards to U and zingy :)
    congos on finishing the challenge
    keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so sweet!! Wishing you loads of fun and lovely times with Zing, always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so lucky to have a sister and such an awesome one too. Thanks for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wait for your best post was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess the wait for your best post was well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had a sister. I am glad you have a solid rock of a sister who stands by you always. May the two of you always be there for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute post. How sweet to salute your sister.
    Congratulations on finishing the A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Naina .. that was a lovely tribute to your sister - I loved reading it ... so pleased you have someone supporting you ..

    Congratulations on reaching the end of the A - Z ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am overwhelmed and at loss of words...

    Have seen you progress from A to Z in this blog challenge and am soooo proud of you and have thoroughly enjoyed this last month :)

    Keep the rigor on and keep blogging..!!!
    Love you loads.!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely relationship you have with your sister, and such a lovely post about her :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Naina...mmm, loved it. Having one lovely sister myself, could connect so much.

    Keep going and congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sisters are the best! Love the nickname Zing.

    Rinelle Grey

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely tribute to your sister. Does she like her nickname? (I've found that people don't always appreciate nicknames.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet post, and a very cute picture of the two of you!

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stopping by from your comment on the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge Z post on Facebook!
    @JLenniDorner

    Sounds like a real ying-yang relationship of goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. love her nickname! sweet ending to the challenge. great job!
    yay for finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Having met zinger, I can vouch fore the fact that she is one adorable woman !

    ReplyDelete